Rave reviews from the professionals & families we’ve served.
Over the years, Activity Pathways has served hundreds of elders, their carepartners, and the organizations that provide eldercare. Here’s what people are sharing:
“Nancy was my instructor for the MEPAP certification program. She was professional, provided real-life insight into the profession, and was able to clearly coach the class in the ways of activity professionals. Classes were energetic and included real-life experiences, and possible resolutions to today’s challenges in long-term care. I would highly recommend Nancy as an instructor.”
– Beverly Gowton, ADC Director, Community Life, Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries
“Nancy Richards is an extremely talented activities therapist. I have worked with her at two geriatric psychiatric facilities and have seen her develop programs for patients at all levels of functioning. Once it’s developed, Nancy is able to implement the program to the benefit of all patients. The kind, respectful, and skilled approach she has in working with patients helps them make gains and achieve goals beyond expectation. She works well with all degrees of psychiatric and dementia diagnoses and creates a sense of normalcy in the environment. Her expectation for the patients and creation of groups that are thoroughly enjoyable while helping them stretch, both physically and cognitively, are only some of the components that make her so valuable to an organization and that enrich the lives of the elders served.”
– Lois Chepak, Chief Clinical Officer, Senior Behavioral Health
Anyone considering pursuing the path of ADC should definitely try to take the MEPAP class with Nancy Richards. I wouldn’t be where I am today without her incredibly valuable instruction, mentoring guidance and encouragement. She’s a pioneer, a wonderful mentor and a great asset to the Activity Professional community! Thank you so much, Nancy, for all you do for our professional community, those you mentor and the lives of the elders you touch!
Jodi Wendl, ADC
Top Takeaways From Workshop Participants:
- “Gave me new resources and challenged me to think of unique ways to use program materials that we already have…” (South Eastern Veterans Home, Spring City PA)
- “Speaker presented a variety of choices for many client levels….”
- “Enjoyed the hands-on training”
- “Various demonstrations, helpful” (Bright View Community, East Norriton PA)
- “Opened my eyes to look at things differently” (Saunders House, Wynnewood, PA)
- “Activity Pathways seminars are amazing, engaging, and informative for both elders and staff. We were lucky to host “The Spirit of Place,” and the independent residents raved about it!”